Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Redecorating Dining Room - Inspiration (1)

 Submitted by Dotty Wyman - Dotty Wyman Designs


I am going to give my dining room a little bit of a face lift and wanted to give you some insight about the process from beginning to end. The plan is to give the dining space a bold new look without replacing everything in the room. The big ticket items such as the dining room set and oriental are staying put. I will work with these pieces, because I like them and they have classic designs. I will accomplish this new look by changing the walls, the fabrics, drapery hardware and a few different accessories.


I have not done anything to the dining room in over ten years and it is due for a change. The draperies have faded, the curtain rods are dated and so are the fabrics. The positives about the room are the hardwood floors, the detailed crown moulding and the 8' ceiling height. The space is good size for a dining room 13.5' x 14.5', so there is plenty of room for the large scale furniture.
My first step is to find an inspiration for the room. This could be anything from a piece of artwork you want to build the room around or a room you saw and want to recreate it in your home. I was inspired by the lobby of the Winn Hotel in Las Vegas for my dining room. The lobby has a sophisticated harlequin theme with dark walls, luxurious fabrics and playful colorful accents sprinkled around. I want to incorporate some of the same rich fabrics, dark walls and colorful accents they used, but tailor it for my home. Included are a few pictures of the Wynn Hotel lobby.

Now that I have my inspiration I can pull together a plan for the redesign of my dining room. I will go over planning in my next blog.
About Us
Dotty Wyman
Dotty Wyman Designs
 508.219.4739
http://www.dottywymandesigns.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment